10 Foods Nutritionists Never Eat
It can be hard to eat right when there are so many unhealthy options available. You might not be able to have a personal nutritionist, but this list will tell you how one eats - or rather, how they don't eat. Here are 10 foods that you'd never catch a nutritionist eating.
1) Flavored Yogurt - But isn't yogurt good for you? Yes, but flavored yogurt - not so much. Flavored yogurt has lots of extra sugar and artificial ingredients. Instead of flavored yogurt, try adding honey to plain Greek yogurt.
2) Diet Soda - Just because "diet" is in the title doesn't mean this drink is healthy. It's full of artificial ingredients that are definitely not good for you. Give up the soda and switch to sparkling water ortea.
3) Microwave Popcorn - Microwave popcorn has extra artificial ingredients and is high in calories. With stove popcorn you can control the butter and salt content and it's super easy to make.
4) Processed Meats - Processed meats have been declared a carcinogen by the World Health Organization. Watch almost any food documentary and you'll find that processed meat is not up to par. Try locally sourced or organically fed fresh cut meat.
5) Cold Cereal - Cereal is loaded with sugar and has no protein or fiber. This can lead to a mid-morning crash. Switch to oatmeal or whole grain toast with avocado.
6) Bacon - Bacon is high in saturated fat and sodium. Skip the bacon and have a couple of scrambled egg whites in the morning for protein without the high fat content.
7) Splenda or Artificial Sweeteners - Sugar substitutes are completely artificial, and the sweetness triggers receptors and cravings for sweet things, causing you to crave more sugar. Some studies have shown a link to cancer with consumption, so skip the fake sugar and work to limit your regular sugar intake.
8) Processed Pastries - Pop Tarts, Hostess Cupcakes, and sugary granola bars are not a good start to the day. They have many preservatives to make them have a long shelf life, so get rid of them and bake your own breakfast muffin.
9) Crunchy Orange Snacks - Doritos, Cheetos, Cheese balls - the ones that leave you with orange fingers. These snacks have high calories, salt, artificial ingredients, and no fiber or nutritional value. If you want to eat orange, crunch on a carrot and chew an orange.
10) Sugary Coffee Creations - Hold the Starbucks! Some of the yummiest coffee drinks have extra cream and sugar, sometimes containing hundreds and hundreds of calories. Have black coffee or add your own sweetener such as a teaspoon of raw sugar or honey, or have tea instead.
Avoid these foods and you're in the right direction to a healthier life!